Managing your inventory, keeping track of your customer, creating yearly or monthly reports, and managing your employees’ payroll can all be done with a single application: QuickBooks. The application has completely transformed how small and mid-sized companies have started managing the accounting activities of their firms. Moreover, new application updates are released every year to fix the application’s existing issues and introduce new features to the application. Despite all this, it is very common to encounter issues with the QuickBooks application. Therefore, different tools are launched to automate the process of fixing QuickBooks company file and network issues. One such tool is the file doctor tool.
This repairing tool is excellent for resolving QuickBooks company and network issues. Being a Quickbooks user, you must download and install the tool on your system. Here, in this article, we have explained how you can download and use the tool.
A Brief of Quickbooks Doctor Tool
Quickbooks doctor is another repairing tool that you can use to fix common Quickbooks issues. The tool can either be downloaded from the official website or used within the Quickbooks application. However, the tool is presently available only for QuickBooks windows and not Mac.
Versions of QBFD
There are two versions of QBFD available:
- In-built version: this version of the tool does not need to be downloaded from the official website. It is present within the application. It may start on its own when the error appears on the screen. It is compatible only with the QuickBooks 2016 and above QuickBooks versions.
- Stand-Alone Version: You will need to download this version of the tool on your system.
Things to Know About QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
To use the tool with ease, here are certain things that you will have to keep in mind.
- The in-built version of the tool is only available for Quickbooks 2016 and above.
- It is only compatible with the Windows operating system and not Mac.
- The tool is currently present only for the UK, the Uk and The Canadian version of Quickbooks.
- In case any other version of the tool is available on your system, you need to get rid of it and then install the new one.
- Make sure that you have updated QuickBooks to the latest version.
- You can use the tool to eliminate different issues, including Quickbooks unrecoverable error.
- A good and stable internet connection is required for the system to download the application.
Methods to Download and Install the Doctor Tool
The method to download, install, and use the QuickBooks file Doctor entirely depends on your type of tool. Below we have listed all the steps for using all tool versions. Make sure to follow the steps according to the version of the tool you are using.
- To begin with, make sure that no other application is running on your system. In case any other application is running on the system, terminate it.
- When done, open the default browser that you use. Visit intuit.com.
- From the website, download the QuickBooks doctor tool. Make sure you download the compatible version of the tool.
- Now, open the file you have downloaded and click on the the Next option.
- Start with installation by agreeing to all the terms and conditions. Also, choose the installation folder. Either you can keep it default or tap on the Browse option to change it as per your convenience.
- When done, complete the process by following all the on-screen instructions.
- After this, you will have to tap on the tool icon and start it on the system.
- In the tool window, you will have to select the required company file and choose the “check file damage” option.
- In the next window, you’ll come across two options. For 6000 series issues or company file issues, tap on the first option; otherwise, tap on the second one.
- When done, you will have to choose if you are using the workstation system or the host system again.
- Now, click on the start scan option.
- Let the scan complete. On completion, check if the issue persists.
- In this, you will have to first start the QuickBooks application.
- Make sure that no company file is opened on your system.
- Hover to the Help tab. Under this, choose the network issues option.
- When done, choose the advanced settings option.
- Now, you will have to choose the company file you encounter issues with.
- You will then have to choose the start scan option. When done, check if the issue persists.
Use Via Tool Hub:
- To begin with, ensure that all the background processes are closed on the system. If any process is working, you will have to terminate it first.
- When done, go to the QuickBooks website and download the tool hub.
- Tap on the downloaded tool hub file and begin the installation.
- Now, after agreeing to the licence prompt, choose your installation folder. Either you can keep it default or tap on the Browse option to choose the folder as per your convenience.
- Complete the installation by following all the on-screen prompts.
- On completion, start the tool on the system.
- You will then have to go to the company file tab.
- Choose to start the QuickBooks file Doctor tool.
- When done, choose the QuickBooks file that you wish to scan.
- Now, choose the type of system you are using and the type of error you have encountered.
- Tap on the scan file option.
- Wait for the scan to complete. Start QuickBooks and check if you are still facing the issue on completion.
Before ending this post, let’s understand what outcomes you can expect. There are usually 3 scenarios you can expect after thoroughly scanning your documents via QuickBooks doctor. They are:
- Outcome 1: this is the most favourable outcome for the user. In this, the file doctor tool will be able to detect the issue and automatically resolve the issue as well.
- Outcome 2: in this, the tool may detect the issue but may not be able to fix the issue. You will then have to follow other methods to resolve the issue.
- Outcome 3: this is the most unfavourable Outcome. The tool may fail to recognize the error and resolve it.
For more articles visit: Business
QuickBooks file doctor tool is a great repairing tool to get rid of the company file and network issues in the QuickBooks application. With all the steps listed above, you will be able to download and install the application easily. However, if you have any other concerns regarding the tool, you can always contact the support team.