Cannabis is among the most underappreciated gifts of nature. Most individuals assume it’s harmful and cringe at consuming it. Before, it was a black-market drug that you could buy illegally.
Most countries have legalized it since they’ve realized its countless potential health benefits. Science and technology have played a big part in this. From smoking to vaporization to edibles, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to picking a way to enjoy your Cannabis.
Perhaps you’d like to try the miracle herb but don’t know how it may improve your health. The article below has all the answers you need.
Cannabis: What Is It?
Also referred to as weed and marijuana, Cannabis is a genus of flowering plants with psychoactive characteristics. It’s mainly used for recreational purposes, though you can use it for therapeutic purposes.
It covers over a hundred flowering plants under it. These herbs are categorized into three groups:
- Cannabis ruderalis
- Cannabis indica
- Cannabis sativa
It consists of over 120 compounds (chemicals) referred to as cannabinoids. The main ones are CBD (cannabidiol), non-psychoactive, i.e., won’t get you ‘high,’ and THC (delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol), the primary psychoactive cannabinoid in the plant.
How to Tell Cannabis is Fresh
There are many ways to tell whether you’re using a fresh product. Here are the main ones:
- Identifying its freshness by smelling- it’s fresh if it gives off a skunky, pungent odor. If it doesn’t have any smell or if the scent is faint, then it’s stale.
- Looking at it- if the buds are green with a tinge of brown and have orange pistils, then they’re fresh. If they’re mostly brown, then they aren’t.
- Feeling it- fresh Cannabis has sufficient moisture to maintain the bud’s structural integrity and components like cannabinoids and terpenes. If it’s dry to the touch and crumbles easily, it’s probably been sitting around for a while. If its leaves are springy and slightly soft, then it’s fresh.
- Tasting it- Cannabis contains terpenes that contribute to the herb’s yummy smell and taste. Fresh Cannabis has a delicious flavor. However, buds exposed to the elements have disintegrated terpenes, giving off a less-tasty sensation.
- Crushing it- throw several buds into your grinder, spin it, and study the results. Fresh Cannabis pulls apart in nice, even crumbs that stick together a bit. Stale marijuana reduces to ash.
Pointers on Using Weed
Consuming Cannabis is an art that you should perfect if you’re hoping to get the expected results. The following are tips to make your experience with the herb easier and more enjoyable:
- Start with low doses.
- Use Cannabis with someone who knows more about it than you do to avoid mishaps.
- Choose which intake method to use.
- If you want to try edibles, go for products with low THC content since they take longer to kick in.
- Be patient when waiting for the impacts to set in.
- Don’t overdo it since Cannabis can be quite overwhelming, especially for first-time users.
- Ensure you’re in a secure and comfortable environment before using Cannabis.
Incredible Health Benefits of Cannabis
Marijuana boasts some fantastic health benefits. The following are to mention but a few:
It Might Reduce Anxiety and Depression
Depression and anxiety are mental disorders that affect millions of grown-ups in the US every year. Marijuana might alleviate symptoms commonly experienced with mental health issues. Also, Cannabis helps Alleviate Stress; click here to check dispensaries nearby to me.
It Might Help with Weight Loss
You may have noticed that Cannabis users are primarily skinny. This is because marijuana might increase your metabolic function, causing you to burn more calories during the day.
It May Regulate Seizures
Seizures disrupt your daily life and can be fatal if left untreated. At least 1 in every 26 Americans will develop the condition in their lifetime. CBD, one of the compounds in marijuana, may effectively treat seizures. Evidence suggests that CBD-rich strains might help people with epilepsy.
It Might Treat Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD)
Cannabis might be effective in curing ulcerative colitis in invalids. Its main compounds, THC, and CBD interact with the cells and help build immunity. This is crucial for your gut’s proper functioning. Marijuana may kill all the bacteria blocks, which can cause swelling in the human bowels.
It May Relieve Chronic Pain
Cannabis might effectively treat chronic pain, which is significantly associated with cancer and other terminal illnesses. A study showed that marijuana might relieve pain by reducing inflammation.
The herb works by interacting with the brain cells responsible for sending pain signals to the body. It might effectively treat various forms of pain, including back pain, arthritis, and cancer pain.
Also Read: The Effects Of Medical cannabis On Health
It Might Slow Down Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s disease is a common dementia that affects seniors. The disease causes a decline in cognitive function and can be fatal. Marijuana might help Alzheimer’s patients by slowing down the progression of the disease.
It does this by reducing inflammation and hindering the formation of amyloid plaques. These proteins kill brain cells, causing memory loss and other cognitive problems.
While more investigation has to be done to confirm these benefits, the current evidence suggests that Cannabis is a powerful medicinal herb. If you’re considering using it for therapeutic purposes, consult a doctor first. They will help you choose the best strain and method of consumption for your needs.