IP address is an Internet Protocol address, and it is a numerical label, for example 192.168.2.2. The printer’s IP is its identity, and it is a 12- digit number used to connect it to the internet or any device.
Why do You’ve to Know The Printer’s IP Address?
If you want to connect the printer or troubleshoot any problems, you need your Printer’s IP address. You’ll need to diagnose a Printer’s IT issue at a certain point, which will be complicated. You have to stay calm at that point and use your Printer’s IP address to fix connection issues or any other IT issue regarding your printer. There are many different methods to find the IP address of your Printer; We are discussing that’s ways in this article.
Find IP Address Using Print a Network Configuration Page
Printing a network page is commonly used to find the printer’s IP address. This way is straightforward and not so complicated. You can do it by setting the printer’s settings. You’ll find it easy, peasy if you know about this method.
Steps You Should Follow:
- Step 1: Open the Control Panel of your Printer.
- Step 2: Go to Settings.
- Step 3: You’ll see the “Wireless Settings” option, then click on it.
- Step 4: Print a page named Network Configuration, which will consist of the IP address of your printer.
Follow Steps to Find The IP Address of Your Router
- Step 1: Type your router’s local IP address into the address bar of any web browser.
- Step 2: log in
- Step 3: You’ll see your Printer’s IP address under the list of devices connected to the network.
You can find your Printer’s IP address in Windows 10 too. We’ll talk about it now.
Method to Find Your Printer’s IP Address in Windows 10, Follow The Steps Below
- Step 1: Go to Control Panel.
- Step 2:tap on devices.
- Step 3: Right-click on the printer and select properties.
- Step 4: Select the web services tab. An IP address is mentioned at the bottom of device information and in the Troubleshoot section.
If you still can’t find your printer in the control panel, you can find it using the Command Prompt. This process is more complicated than the previous one.
Steps to Follow to Find Your Printer’s IP Address With The Command Prompt
- Step 1: Type CMD in the search box near the start menu.
- Step 2: n the command line, type ipconfig, then load it.
- Step 3: Find your IPv4 ( Internet Protocol version 4 – IP address as a 32- bit number ) address.
- Step 4: In a new command line, add name ping followed by a space and your IPv4 ( Internet Protocol version 4 )address.
- Step 5: Then hit Enter.
- Step 6: After the results load, type arp -a and click Enter. All solid and static connections using the IPv4 address will load.
- Step 7: Like Chrome, Edge, or any other web browser of your choice.
- Step 8: Copy-paste the IP address that you got from the arp command. If many IP addresses come into view, paste each address on a different tab.
- Step 9: If the IP opens a printer setup page, that would be your Printer’s IP address. The webpage will have the producer’s logo and display printer information, like how much ink you have and the status of your printer.
Don’t worry if this method is too complex for you; we’ve another way. You can find your Printer’s IP Address using the CUPS webpage.
Steps to Find Your Printer’s IP Address Using The CUPS Webpage.
- Step 1: Open your Applications folder.
- Step 2: Then open Utilities.
- Step 3: Next, open Terminal.
- Step 4:Type cupsctl WebInterface=yes in the search box and hit Enter on your keyboard. The CUPS web interface will be permitted.
- Step 5: Open Safari.
- Step 6: Type localhost:631/printers into the address bar.
- Step 7: Your Printer’s IP address will be in the Location column.
Ways to Find Your Printer’s IP Address on Mac
- First way: You can find it under System Preferences
- Second way: You could also find it online using Common Unix Printing System ( CUPS).
So, these were ways to find the Printer’s IP address. It’ll be helpful for you while resolving problems of connecting printers to devices.
Also Read: Orbi Internet