QuickBooks desktop not starting is one of the errors QuickBooks application is prone to. This issue can occur while attempting to open the QuickBooks application or the company file. The error may indicate, “QuickBooks desktop won’t open or doesn’t start.” There are chances that when the error prompt appears on the screen, your system may suddenly crash, and you may also face issues with your plan. If you are encountering the same issue, this guide can help you.
Triggers of QuickBooks Doesn’t Start
There are not many reasons triggering the “QuickBooks not opening“ issue. Here, we have listed all the possible reasons restricting QuickBooks from opening correctly on the system.
- There is some fault in the hard drive of your system.
- The name of the company file has exceeded the limit.
- In case the operating system is not updated to the latest version.
- Next, if the QuickBooks desktop is not installed correctly on the system.
- QBWUSER.ini file is faulty or corrupted.
Identifying QuickBooks Error
Below we have listed all the signs you can look for when a QuickBooks error occurs.
- QuickBooks application may freeze frequently or restricts you from opening the QuickBooks file.
- Windows operating system may stop responding to the user inputs.
- The system crashes often.
- QuickBooks application will take more than usual to open on the system.
Preliminary Steps To Follow
Check out the following steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Wont open before proceeding with the technical solutions.
- First, you will have to update the QuickBooks desktop application to its latest version.
- Turn off the QuickBooks hosting on all your workstations.
- Suppress the installation of the QuickBooks application
- Change the name of your ND and TLG files.
- Fix QuickBooks installation on your system.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Not Opening Issue
You may be aware of all the things you need to know about the QuickBooks won’t open issue. Here, we have listed all the detailed methods you can follow to fix the issue.
Fix 1: Employ Quick Fix My Program
QuickBooks tool hub is an all-in-one repairing tool to resolve all the QuickBooks errors in a single tool. You can fix all the errors like QuickBooks error 6150 and other 6000 series, network issues, etc. Here are all the concerned steps.
- To begin with, go to the official QuickBooks website. From the website, you will have to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, tap on the downloaded file and begin the installation process.
- Tap on “I Agree” when the license prompt opens on the system. You will now have to choose the installation folder.
- When done, click on the tool icon and then start the tool.
- Now, open the tool on the system.
- Here, you will have to click on the program problems tab.
- Under this, choose the Quick fix my program tab.
- Wait for it to run, and when the process completes, you will have to open your required Quickbooks file.
Fix 2: Move the Company File to Another Location
To ensure that your QuickBooks company file is not faulty, you can move the company file to some other location and then attempt opening the file. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- For this, tap on the Windows and E keys together. The File Explorer will now open on the screen.
- In the file explorer, tap on the file having a qbw extension. In the case file is present on a network server, you will have to search for it on the network drive.
- Choose to copy the file.
- Open the C drive on the system and then make a new folder. Add the name of your new folder as QBTEST.
- In the folder, you will have to paste your file.
- Now, open QuickBooks and attempts to open the QuickBooks company file from the new location.
Fix 3: Add a New Windows User
If the current windows user does not have the permissions to access your required QuickBooks company file, you can face the issue. Therefore, you can attempt to add a new windows user. Check out the concerned steps below.
- First, you will have to look for the control panel on your system.
- Look for the user account option. Under this, choose the manage user option.
- You will now have to add a new user.
- Here, type the account’s name and select the domain as admin.
- Click on the Administrator option if you are operating QuickBooks on Windows 10.
- Tap on the Finish option and then tap on OK.
Also Read: Website Design: The Super power Of Every Modern Business
Fix 4: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks install diagnostic tool can help you fix all the installation issues quickly. Here is how you can use QuickBooks install diagnostic tool using tool hub.
- To begin with, if you have no downloaded tool hub on your system, download and install it.
- You will then have to open the tool.
- Go to the installation issues tab.
- After this, go to the install diagnostic tool option and start the tool.
- It will take almost 20 minutes to complete the process.
- On completion, terminate the tool window and then open QuickBooks. Check if you can open the QuickBooks company files.
Using the methods mentioned above, you will be able to get rid of the issue hassle-free. However, if you reencounter the same issue, you can talk to the support team.